Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Hathway - from top to bottom

hi, I have been using hathway since 3 years & I must say its become the worst ISP there today, I would advice anybody against taking hathway...as I am using it at 3 different places & all sux. They provide lan connection at my home for 800 /unlimited & since the beginning used to give max 6 kb now when everybody is giving better speed at cheaper rates their speed started drop & when I called the help desk that I was getting 2/3 KB download they checked & the guy is telling yes this is a shared lan connection & 3 KB is perfect speed I shud be getting, if I want better speeed then I shud go for their modem connection, I told him as a matter of fact I am using their modem 256 KB connection at my office & only after evening I get 22/23 KB speed otherwise its 12/15 KB speed, where again he checks & tells me ya there is no problem that is ok speed will vary ???? They have become totally incompetant...I was using 1 gb limit at office for 128 KB sceme & they changed their schemes & made them cheaper but it took me 1 1/2 month to convince them to change my scheme & atleast inform me about new schemes, they shud be trying to retain their customers instead of trying to just get new customers & give bad service to existing ones....terrible...stay away from hathway, I have changed to exatt.

Source: broadband forum

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Sunil Shibad said...

I too had great service from Hathway for 4 years but since the past 6 months their connectivity and service sucks.

I am on 256 kbps/24 hour Freeway plan.

They never reply to my mails and have hours of downtime.

I am going with MTNL or Tata Indicom.

Sunil
Frusrated in Mahim, Mumbai

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger el_ian said...

I agree that the CS guys are of no assistance.. really fed up f calling and Emailing them at hathway.... am being charged for 512kbps but the actual speed is just 230kbps.. what a rip off. any suggestions who is the best for mumbai in terms of service and connectivity ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home